The Christmas season is here and things are getting busy at the Central Florida theme parks. I thought I’d do a quick round-up of some of the special holiday events going on. If you are planning a visit to the area this month here are some of your Christmas themed choices.
Busch Gardens Tampa
Christmas Town™ transforms Busch Gardens® Tampa into a holiday wonderland of wintery surprises and all things Christmas, filling guests’ senses with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors, and continuing a beautiful family tradition.
Christmas Town is now included with any annual pass, Fun Card or daily admission to the park. This year’s event has added even more dates to experience Christmas Town attractions, shows and shopping. Christmas Town is open 23 select dates and park closing times will range from 8pm to 9pm throughout the event, Nov. 28 through Dec. 31.
From the nostalgic Holiday Hills to the nature-inspired Jungle Jubilee, more than a million lights will blanket Busch Gardens during Christmas Town. Plus, fan-favorite shows including Christmas on Ice and the Carol of the Bells light show return to ring in the season. In addition, brand new beautifully-lit areas will debut at Christmas Town:
- Dazzling lantern stars transform Pantopia™ into the jewel-toned Celestial Crossing, complete with a gigantic LED star that beautifully lights the way to Mrs. Claus’ Family Feast and the Christmas Celebration show. The new area is also home to the Bottle Christmas Tree, a conservation collaboration project that transformed 5,000 recycled plastic bottles into a Christmastime masterpiece with the help of nearly 50 Hillsborough county schools.
- The Egypt area of the park transforms into the humble town of Bethlehem, where guests discover the famed journey to the Three Kings. The magical story unfolds as the North Star guides the way to a land filled with desert-themed rustic décor, larger-than-life camels and the Three Kings Caravan.
We attended Christmas Town last year when it was a hard ticket event. Unfortunately, Snow World is gone but the event should be a nice addition to your day at Busch Gardens.
Waves of holiday spirit splash over the park during SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration™. Here in a wintery, watery wonderland, guests of all ages will enjoy stunning live shows inspired by the natural world, journey to the North Pole on THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience, then share a smile with a playful penguin at the South Pole while visiting the park’s newest attraction, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin®!
Christmas carols can be heard as guests encounter a sparkling Sea of Trees and skaters dancing on ice. With everything from Santa to Shamu®, presents to penguins, and elves to Elmo, SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is where holiday memories are made. The celebration takes place on select dates November 22 through December 31, 2014 and is included with park admission, annual pass and Fun Card.
Visit SeaWorldOrlando.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest details about SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #SeaWorldChristmas.
New this year:
Christmas Show Seating Packages
- Christmas Signature Show Seating and Dine with Shamu – Guests will enjoy reserved seating at our most popular Christmas shows and enjoy Orlando’s most immersive and memorable family dining experience – Dine With Shamu® at SeaWorld® Orlando. A complimentary family photo is also included to remember the night.
- Christmas Signature Show Seating and Santa’s Fireside Feast — Enjoy reserved seating at our most popular Christmas shows, a warm-hearted holiday experience and meet Santa and Mrs. Claus at Santa’s Fireside Feast.
- Christmas Signature Show Seating and Dining Certificate and Family Photo — Enjoy reserved seating at our most popular Christmas shows and a dining certificate to use that evening at any participating restaurant. Dining Certificate includes an entrée with its accompanying side, an additional side item and a non-alcoholic beverage.
Christmas Show Seating provides guests with reserved seating at Shamu® Christmas Miracles, O Wondrous Night, and Winter Wonderland on Ice, plus front-of-the-line access to THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience.
Christmas Family Fun Tour
- Experience the favorite attractions for children at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration™ during this 3-hour walking tour. Highlights include: a penguin meet and greet, reserved seating at the Elmo’s Christmas Wish show, a warm-hearted meal at Santa’s Fireside Feast with an exclusive visit with Santa and front-of-the-line access to THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience.
Universal Studios Orlando
It’s the most wonderful time of the year at Universal Orlando Resort. Beginning Dec. 6 through Jan. 3, families can create lifelong memories during Universal Orlando’s Holidays celebration. Kids from one to 92 can watch larger-than-life balloons float through the streets during the Macy’s Holiday Parade, hear Christmas music sensation Mannheim Steamroller perform beloved holiday classics with a modern twist and come face-to-face with The Grinch at Grinchmas,
At Universal Studios Florida, the Macy’s Holiday Parade will fill the streets with the same larger-than-life balloons seen in the famous New York City parade. Guests will be immersed in the spirit of the season with holiday characters, fantasy-filled floats and a tree-lighting ceremony with the big man himself, Santa Claus. Also, guests won’t want to miss the Chloe The Clown “Balloonicle,” a new addition to the parade that combines a towering balloon with a self-powered vehicle that roams the streets of Universal Studios.
Following the parade, the acclaimed musical group Mannheim Steamroller will take to the Music Plaza stage in Universal Studios to perform memorable holiday hits on Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, and 21.
At Universal’s Islands of Adventure, guests will smile from ear-to-ear during the heartwarming live show, “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular,” featuring The Grinch and the Whos from Who-ville, accompanied by an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller. Guests can meet the mean, green one himself and the Whos daily and, on select dates, enjoy a special breakfast with the characters.
All theme park holiday entertainment – including Mannheim Steamroller concerts – is included as part of park-to-park or multi-day admission to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We have never been invited to attend this event so unfortunately, we don’t have any first-had knowledge. I do know I would love to go someday.
Walt Disney World
I have already told you about Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party, A Frozen Christmas Wish and Candlelight Processional for this year. Don’t forget you can get your shopping done at Downtown Disney, celebrate with Epcot’s Christmas Around the World and catch the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios too.
As you can see there is plenty to do to celebrate Christmas in Central Florida throughout the month of December. Will you be visiting any of these special events? Leave me a comment and let me know what you have planned.