I am so excited to introduce you to some new peppermint recipes so that you can add them to your Christmas baking. I have been trolling Pinterest for the easiest and yummiest recipes so that I could share them with you.
I love fudge, but I have had a lot of trouble making traditional fudge over the years. My mom says it is because of the Florida humidity. Maybe she is right. I found several different peppermint bark/peppermint fudge type recipes that were all similar. So, in true Cindy fashion, I created my own recipe and it is delicious!!
Not only does it taste good, it is very easy to make. It takes about 10 minutes to whip this up and then it chills in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more and it is ready to go!
- 3 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
- 8 full-size candy canes
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Place candy canes in a zippy bag and crush with a hammer.
- Line an 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the white chocolate morsels and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir constantly until the chips are melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peppermint extract and the crushed candy canes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle the mini semi-sweet morsels on top.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the semi-sweet morsels into the white chocolate mixture a bit. (It is fine if they melt in some)
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and cut into small squares with a warm knife.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Easy peasy right? My kids love to help me crush the candy canes! This is a great recipe to make with the kids over Christmas break. Over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing more Christmas recipes. Make sure you are subscribed so you don’t miss anything.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!