Some day I WILL spend a major holiday at Walt Disney World. I know it will be crazy crowded, and I don’t like crowds, but I want to see the special fireworks! I have never seen fireworks at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and I must rectify that. I won’t be at this week’s Independence Day festivities, maybe New Year’s Eve? Unfortunately, I am the only one in my family with an Annual Pass so I am the only one who can get into a park on a major holiday 🙁
In case you will be in the parks this weekend, I thought I’d let you know what special events will be happening around The World.
“Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky,” July 3 and 4 at Magic Kingdom. The 14-minute fireworks spectacular rockets into the sky above Cinderella Castle at 9 p.m. both nights.
The fireworks are set to an exciting musical score produced in a concert band style. This score was specifically created to stir a sense of pride in being American, show producers say, while at the same time, inviting guests from around the world to feel part of the celebration.
- Guests visiting Epcot on July 4 will have the opportunity to meet some of their favorite Disney characters dressed in patriotic attire throughout the afternoon at the American Adventure Pavilion.
- Voices of Liberty, the eight-part a capella group, will have special performances at American Gardens Theatre at 12:30, 1:45 and 3 p.m. They also will perform inside the American Adventure Rotunda at 4:15 and 5 p.m. that day.
- Guests also will have the opportunity to catch the Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps outside at 1, 2:15, 3:30, 4 and 4:45 p.m.
- “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” lights the night at 10 p.m. with a heart-pounding grand finale in a salute to America.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration.” The party kicks off at the Sorcerer’s Hat stage at 6 p.m. and continues through 11 p.m. on July 4 with live entertainment from “The Hollywood Rockers” whose music will take guests on a rockin’ road trip across America.
- 10:15pm Rock n’ roll fireworks presentation above the Sorcerer’s Hat
Will you be at Walt Disney World this weekend? Which celebration do you most want to witness? Leave me a comment and let me know.