Share the passion of Valentine’s Day by surprising special loved ones in your life this Valentine’s Day with limited edition varieties from MIKE AND IKE® and HOT TAMALES® candy. MIKE AND IKE® Passion Mix, is hitting the shelves just in time for Valentine’s Day! Your favorite “hottie” will love to receive special edition HOT TAMALES® Cinnamon candy with special HOTTIE Valentine’s Day graphics. Go the extra mile for your Valentine this year and create some tasty recipes featuring MIKE AND IKE® and HOT TAMALES® candies! These recipes were created by Chef Jamie Geller as part of her recent alliance with the leading candy brands.
“There is nothing sweeter on Valentine’s Day than candy,” says Koren Ivie, Brand Manager for MIKE AND IKE® and HOT TAMALES® candy. “We are sure consumers will fall in love with MIKE AND IKE® Passion Mix as well as HOT TAMALES® with Valentine’s Day packaging!”
- 1 ½ 5ozBoxes of MIKE AND IKE® Passion Mix
- 2/3 Cup margarine – cold
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the candies into small bite-sized pieces, the smaller the better
- In a mixer bowl, put 2/3 C Margarine, 1 C Sugar, 1 Egg and 1 teaspoon Vanilla.
- Mix until well creamed.
- Add in 2 C flour and 1 teaspoon Baking Soda.
- Add in chopped up MIKE AND IKE® Passion Mix, mix into a dough (will be slightly sticky). Mix this with a spoon NOT your mixer.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Centers will be slightly soft.
- Let cool.
The Mom Maven’s Thoughts
I had several different people try these cookies and while everyone liked the cookie portion they said it was odd to finish the cookie but still have the candy left in their mouth to chew on. I chopped each piece of candy into 3 small pieces, that was very time consuming, but they were small but still too chewy. I think I’ll stick to eating these candies straight from the box but I figured I’d still post the recipe because your family might like it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!
Disclosure: I received boxes of candy for the purpose of this post. All opinions are 100% mine or those of my friends and family who ate the cookies.