I love peppermint all year round but especially at Christmas time! When I found this pin for Peppermint Cheesecke Swirl Brownies on Pinterest I had to save it so I could try the recipe as the holidays got nearer. I was going through my boards to find something easy to make for a holiday gathering, but that recipe was too complicated. I didn’t have time, nor the ingredients to make brownies from scratch, I did however have a brownie mix in the cupboard so I created my own version of Peppermint Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
- 1 Brownie mix
- ingredients to make brownies as directed on box
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 TBS flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add sugar and peppermint and mix well.
- Add egg and egg white and mix.
- Stir in flour.
- Set batter aside.
- Mix batter as instructed on the box.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop out 1/2 cup of brownie batter and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Spread cheesecake layer evenly on top of brownie layer.
- Drop tablespoons of reserved brownie batter on top of cheesecake layer.
- Use a knife to swirl batter.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until top is set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in airtight container, keep refrigerated.
This easy recipe is great for a holiday party, sharing with co-workers or a fun family treat after driving around to look at Christmas lights.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks ie. Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and G+. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!