I found this recipe for Knock You Silly Bars on Pinterest and made it the other week. There are several variation of this recipe flying around the web. This is the one I made. It is a fairly easy recipe but the results will knock you silly!
- 2 16.5 oz packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 60 whole caramels unwrapped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter melted
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease 9 x 13-inch jelly-roll pan/cookie sheet with rims.
- Spread one package of cookie dough into prepared pan
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- In a double boiler melt caramels with ½ cup evaporated milk.
- When melted and combined, add ½ cup melted peanut butter and pour over cookie base.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
- With the second package of cookie dough, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto caramel and chocolate chips mixture; press down lightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
These bar cookies are great for holiday gift giving, parties or dessert. I brought them into the office to share and the disappeared quickly.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks ie. Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and G+. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!