I found this chicken recipe on Pinterest and it originally comes from Food.com. It is easy to make and tastes delicious. My kids have been begging for me to make it again. This is a type of oven-fried chicken so it isn’t oily like real fried chicken can be. It seems like there is an over-abundance of garlic in this recipe but when we ate it it didn’t taste like too much garlic, so don’t be afraid of this recipe…give it a try.
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 TBS crushed garlic
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13x9" pan
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, crushed garlic, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- In another bowl, combine the dry breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
- Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through, larger breasts may take more time (placing the chicken on a rack in a pan will produce an extra crispy crust).
- Top with any extra shredded cheddar or mozzarella the last 5 minutes of cooking (optional)
This Cheddar Garlic Chicken recipe has made it into the regular meal planning rotation at my home and I hope it will in your home too.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks ie. Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and G+. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!