It’s just been in the last year or so that I have begun to like cheesecake. I was just never a fan of the dessert. I remember arriving at my sister-in-law’s wedding reception years ago and finding nothing but cheesecake on the cake table and being very disappointed. 🙁 Anyway to date my favorite cheesecake was a Red Velvet Cheesecake sample from The Cheesecake Factory that I had at Sam’s at one of their holiday events almost 2 years ago.
I know I like flavored cheesecakes more than I do plain cheesecakes with fruit toppings so that is what I usually gravitate to. I have collected a few delicious sounding cheesecake recipes on my Tasty Treats Pinterest board so I decided it was time to give cheesecake a try. First, I needed to get a springform pan. A friend of mine was having a Pampered Chef party so I got my pan from there. It comes with a glass bottom and is a really nice pan. Then I had to decide which recipe to tackle first. I chose the Brownie Sundae Cheesecake from Justapinch.com.
- Brownie Mix
- Eggs as called for on the box
- Oil as called for on the box
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Nilla Wafers about 45-50 cookies
- 6 TBS Powdered Sugar
- 6 TBS Cocoa Powder
- 1 stick of Butter-melted
- 32 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Hot Fudge Sauce
- Set the Cream Cheese out to soften.
- Bake the Brownies and allow them to cool before moving forward with this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Crush the Nilla Wafers using a rolling pin
- Using a fork, mix together the dry crust ingredients
- Add in the melted butter and mix well
- Spray the pan with cooking spray
- Press the crust mixture into a 9" springform pan
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly
- While the crust is baking-Cut about half of the pan of Brownies into small cubes-set aside
- Beat the Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla
- Gradually add the Eggs one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the crust
- Place the cubed of Brownie into the batter, pushing them down,
- Warm up the Hot Fudge Sauce to make is pourable
- Drizzle the Hot Fudge Sauce onto the top of the cake in concentric circles
- Using a butter knife, gently marble the sauce
- Bake 50-55 minutes
- Loosen from pan once it is cooled
- Cover and refrigerate
- Best served cold
We served ours with additional hot fudge sauce drizzled over the cheesecake.
I brought the cheesecake to my small group where it was met with wonderful reviews. On Monday I brought a piece to my Pastor, who is a great cook himself, and he said it was wonderful. I brought the rest of it to work on Thursday where it was gobbled down and I was told I could make it for them every week! So, I guess it was a hit. This was my first ever cheesecake and I have heard so many stories about how hard it is to make cheesecake so I am doubly proud of this success.
Do you like cheesecake? Do you make cheesecake? What is your favorite kind of cheesecake? Leave me a comment and let’s talk cheesecake. Make sure you share this recipe on your Easy Recipes Pinterest board!