The more I work online the more I know that there is a lot I don’t know. I LOVE the “For Dummies” books for helping me learn new skills and information so that I can do better for the brands and companies I represent online. Currently I’m reading Online Reputation Management for Dummies by Lori Randall Stradtman. This is a topic that I honestly haven’t spent much time researching but I know it is very important.
This book is for anyone who lives their life online and honestly, who doesn’t now? This book is written so that if you are a major brand wanting to know how to protect your online reputation with a team of social media professionals or a small local business wanting to do more online promotion but you are afraid of marring your reputation or if you are a blogger who lives their life transparently online, you will learn something that will help you manage your online reputation.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Online Reputation Management
- Chapter 1: Understanding Online Reputation Management
- Chapter 2: Determining Your Online Reputation Management Approach
Part II: Organizing Your Teams
- Chapter 3: Creating Your Everyday Team
- Chapter 4: Recruiting Professionals for Your Crisis Team
Part III: Listening Is Love
- Chapter 5: Choosing Your Best Monitoring Tools
- Chapter 6: Researching Your SEO Keywords
- Chapter 7: Setting Up Your Listening Tools
Part IV: Establishing Your Reputation
- Chapter 8: Engaging Easily via Social Media
- Chapter 9: Claiming Your Brand Online
- Chapter 10: Creating Great Messages
- Chapter 11: Tapping In to Focused Interest Groups
- Chapter 12: Writing Your Way to the Top
- Chapter 13: Using Visuals to Spread Your Message
- Chapter 14: Discovering and Inspiring Brand Evangelists
Part V: Responding to Crisis: Your Step-by-Step Plan
- Chapter 15: Managing Escalating Issues
- Chapter 16: Managing a Crisis
- Chapter 17: Promoting Goodwill
Part VI: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 18: Ten Online Reputation Tips for Special Events
- Chapter 19: Ten Ways to Faceplant Your Online Reputation
- Chapter 20: Ten Ways to Create Happy Fans
As you can see by the Table of Contents there is a ton of very valuable information in this book. Since a lot of you who read my blog are bloggers yourselves, I want you to know why you need this book…you need it because you never know what is going to happen. Making sure that you have done everything in your power to put processes in place to be alerted to a problem so that you can handle it before it becomes a crisis. I have seen friends who have had what started to be a minor problem caused by an evil, online troll blow up in their face because they didn’t have a plan in place. I don’t want that to happen to you or to me so we need to do our homework now and put a plan in place to manage our online reputation before we have a problem.
Make sure you get yourself a copy of Online Reputation Management for Dummies and put your plan into motion now.
Disclosure: I am writing this as a “For Dummies” Ambassador through Global Influence Network. I received a copy of the book for this review. All opinions are 100% mine.