How much to tip is one of those questions that is often asked…especially before heading out on vacation. I thought I’d do the research for you as you prepare for your summer vacation.
- Porter $1.00 per bag
- Valet $2.00-5.00 when car is returned
- Taxi 15-20% of the fare
- Shuttle $2.00 per person
- Bellhop $2.00 first bag $1.00 each additional bag
- Housekeeping $2.00 per day
- Tour guide $1.00-2.00
Be aware of your cruise line’s tipping policy. Some lines charge your room card with the tips for cabin stewards and waiters automatically. Some cruise lines discourage tipping. Always feel free to add to your tips for exceptional service.
- Cabin steward $3.50-4.00 a day
- Waiter $3.50-$4.00 a day
- Assistant Waiter $1.50-2.00 a day
- Maitre d’ $5.00-10.00 per cruise
- Bartenders and deck stewards 10-15% of the bill
- Salon/Spa 15-20% of the bill
- Restaurants 15% of the bill
- Animal Groomers 15-20% of the bill
I hope that helps you and gives you some ideas of how much money you will be spending on tips while you travel this summer.
Do you have any topics you’d like me to cover in my Tuesday Tips column? Leave me a comment below and let me know how I can help you!