Today’s Tuesday Tips come from Dawn Bryan, Founder of The Qualipedia.
- Arrange guests in small comfortable groups, to foster mingling (this can be done with small tables or even over-sized picnic blankets with filled baskets anchoring the corners)
- Offer fun water toys/floats for parties with a pool
- Enhance ground seating with rugs, pillows, or blankets
- Serve up a rain date on the invite so there is always a contingency plan
- Arrange food by this order: entrees, sides, salads, bread, butter, and condiments, and always prepare extra portions
- Provide enough extra dishes and silverware for second helpings to be enjoyed on clean dishes
- Position the drink table away from the buffet to avoid traffic jams
- Offer leftovers in take-away containers, especially to guests who have children
- Create a signature theme with a recipe, color, music, or games
- Send guests home with a gift bag that relates to your theme
Be creative and make sure you allow yourself to relax and have fun during your party. What are some of your favorite outdoor party themes? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments.
Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links.