I love tomatoes, they are one of my favorite foods and I am always looking for new ways to use them in my cooking. Recently I received this awesome package of 6 different kinds of canned Red Gold Tomatoes. I received the Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, Diced Tomatoes Chili Ready, Petite Diced Tomatoes, Stewed Tomatoes, Crushed Tomatoes, and Tomato Sauce.
In all honesty, I had never heard of Red Gold Tomatoes, but I have since learned they are available at Florida Publix stores. I needed to figure out how best to use all the yummy varieties so I went to RedGold.com where I found an amazing interactive menu/meal planner widget. I’ve never seen anything like it. I found several recipes that I can’t wait to try. The first thing I made was a twist on an old spicy dip recipe I used to make all the time.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 lbs Velveeta
- 1 can Red God Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- Brown sausage in pan and drain off grease.
- Cut Velveeta into chunks.
- Place Velveeta, sausage and tomatoes in crockpot on low for 2+ hours stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
This was the hit of our Super Bowl party!
The awesome people at Red Gold want to give one lucky reader of The Mom Maven their own sample pack of tomato products!