It’s back to school time again and that means time for haircuts for the kiddos. Here are some great haircut tips from Pam Kelly, Senior Director of National Technical Education for Fantastic Sams® Hair Salons.
- The most popular look for elementary age boys is a haircut that is short on the sides and back but left with some length on the top to style in a short faux hawk. Clipper cuts and fades also remain popular this year for the very active young guy. With a small amount of fantastasticstyle™ firm hold gel, even the most stubborn of cowlicks and bangs can be controlled.
- Medium length or longer hair is the most popular style amongst younger girls, as it can be tied back into a ponytail, pigtails or braids which will keep their hair looking fantastic all day long.
- Tweens and teenagers may prefer trendier back to school hair styles that involve more detailed haircuts and styles. Popular back to school hairstyles for teenage girls include bobs to longer length hairstyles. These longer hairstyles can feature bangs, long layers or be blunt cut to all one length. Depending on the age, color may also be an added option such as face framing highlights. As for guys, the “Justin Beiber” haircut is still reigning supreme.
- If you want a fresh look without too much change, start with a small variation of your current style, such as adding bangs or changing the part. This can be done a day or two before school, but if the style change is drastic, it should be done a couple of weeks beforehand so you can have time to get used to styling it or to make changes if you really don’t like it.
- After your back to school cut is created, it should be maintained with cuts every four to six weeks in order to continue to look good for such events as school pictures, homecoming dances and recitals!
And don’t forget to stop by Fantastic Sams’ Facebook page to take advantage of their $2 off kids haircut or $3 off adult haircut coupon for the month of August.