We play a lot of games, we have a closet full of them! The lastest addition to our game cache is Jungle Speed. Jungle Speed is the most popular game in Europe, with more than two million sold, and made its debut in the U.S. this summer at Toy”R”Us, Target, Walmart and other major and individual retailers across the country!
Jungle Speed is the fast and furious game of quick thinking and lightening fast reflexes. Think classic card games Spoons or WAR, embellish the cards with abstract shapes and colors and add a call to action to race opponents to a totem. Each player must be spot-on, in between outbursts of laughter and action! Jungle Speed features easy-to-learn play for entertaining and animated fun for the entire family.
It’s good for the brain, too! Recent research shows that board games, such as Jungle Speed, are positively impacting on children’s cognitive development skills and brain motor function. The game play also helps kids develop valuable skills in patience, cooperation, concentration, teamwork and perseverance.
- Each player, in turn, reveals the top card of their draw pile. As players become more familiar with the symbols, they flip cards faster. Players are looking for identical cards. Colors do not matter, only symbols.
- If two cards are identical, those players must make a grab for the totem. The faster player then gets to dump off all their cards to their unfortunate adversary.
- To add to the difficulty, certain symbols on the cards are almost identical, which can trick a player into grabbing the totem by mistake.
- Just when players think they’ve got it down, one of three special cards can temporarily change the rules and keep them on the edge. Players may be called to make a grab at once, look for matching colors and not symbols, or even simultaneously flip cards.
- The first person to get rid of all their cards wins the game!
- Players: 2 to 10
- Price: $19.99/ Ages: 8 and up/ Availability: July 2011
We have played a few time with players ranging in age from 9-47. The tricky part about playing with younger kids is getting them to grab for the totem. My nephew kept sweeping his arm across the playing area and smacking other players in the process. The similarities in the patterns on the cards make the game challenging for all ages. We enjoy Jungle Speed and I’m sure it will be enjoyed for years!
Would your family enjoy playing Jungle Speed? I have a game to give away to a lucky reader!
Mandatory 1st Entry: Leave me a comment telling me your family’s favorite game to play together.
Bonus Entries: to be completed after the Mandatory 1st Entry-Leave a separate comment for each.
- Subscribe to my blog’s RSS feed via email or reader
- Follow me on Twitter @MomMaven
- Tweet this We love family games! We want to win #JungleSpeed from @MomMaven http://bit.ly/oSAalO (you may do this 2x a day-leave the tweet url in the comment)
- Follow me on GFC
- Follow this blog on Networked Blogs
- Follow my travel blog on GFC TheMomMavenTravels
**this giveaway is now closed**