Summer break is here and cries of “I’m bored” and “There’s nothing to do” are ringing through households all over the country. Outdoor lifestyle expert Rebecca P. Cohen’s book may be just what you are looking for. Fifteen Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids is a month-by-month collection of 365 easy and enjoyable ways to connect as a family and explore life outdoors. Why not start this summer and get the whole family off the couch and into the fresh air?
Rebecca said her family not only became closer after the year end, but experienced great health benefits through fun physical exercise and discovered a deeper appreciation for nature.
Transform your family with some of these quick and fun ideas:
- Make a Birdfeeder- Make a bagel bird feeder yourself and hang it on a tree outside within view of where you eat breakfast. No bagel? Use a pinecone instead.
- Make Mud Prints – Give your kids license for what you feel comfortable with: mud shoe prints, mud bike tire prints, mud handprints, no rules? Let your kids loose and have towels ready by the door for muddy shoes and clothes as soon as you are home.
- Ships Ahoy! Sail Juice Box Boats in Puddles – After your kids finish their juice boxes, find a puddle and float them like boats.
- Make Your Own Fossil – Take a small box, tape both sides and remove one side of the box. Fill the box with mud and press objects, such as shells, rocks, leaves, or sticks into the mud and bring the boxes inside to dry.
All of her ideas are low cost or no cost and it doesn’t matter if you live in the city or the country there are ideas in this book every family can enjoy.
Win your own copy of Rebecca’s book! Mandatory 1st Entry: Leave me a comment telling my one of your family’s favorite outdoor activities.
Bonus Entries: Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Subscribe to Rebecca’s blog
- Join Rebecca’s Facebook Group
- Follow @MomMaven on Twitter
- Tweet this Let’s play outside 15 minutes a day with @MomMaven and #win the book by Rebecca P. Cohen! http://themommaven.com/2011/06/15-minutes-outside/ (you may do this 2x a day)
- Like this post on Facebook using the button at the bottom of the post
- +1 this post on Google using the button at the bottom of this post
- Subscribe to my travel blog TheMomMavenTravels using the orange RSS button in the top right corner (sorry GFC isn’t working on that site…ugh)
- Blog subscribers, GFC friends, Networked blog followers and Facebook likers each get 1 entry
This giveaway is for US entries only. The winner will be chosen by Random.org. The winner has 72 hours to respond to my email before I choose an alternate winner. The giveaway ends July 8, 2011 9pm EDT. **This giveaway is closed**