Pirates’ fans can help celebrate the 5/7 Disneyland World Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger tides by connecting nationwide on Mobile, Twitter and SCVNGR to win a trove of treasure, including a Disney Cruise to the Mexican Riviera!
WHAT: Pirates fans across the country have 3 ways to connect to the Disneyland World Premiere and win Pirates of the Caribbean Prize Packs including Hot Topic T-shirts, Xpand 3D Glasses, Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray™ Box Sets, Pirates Booty, a Disney Cruise to the Mexican Riviera and more!
WHEN: Saturday, May 7, 2011 from 9AM PST – 9PM PST
1. Grand Prize Disney Cruise Giveaway
- WHERE: Follow Pirates of the Caribbean Producer Jerry Bruckheimer on Twitter (@BRUCKHEIMERJB) all day on 5/7
- HOW: Jerry Bruckheimer will tweet special instructions to enter the sweeps.
- WHAT: A cruise to the Mexican Riviera on a Disney Cruise line and access to exclusive Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides content!
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to legal residents of 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years and older. Sweepstakes starts at 4:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) on 5/7/11 and ends at 11:59 PM (PT) on 5/8/11. For official rules go to www.facebook.com/piratesofthecaribbean
2. SCVNGR Hunt for the Fountain of Youth
- WHERE: Los Angeles; New York City; Chicago; Washington, DC; Boston; Dallas; Philadelphia; Seattle; San Francisco; Miami
- i. Download the free SCVNGR app for iPhone & Android at www.scvngr.com
- ii. Tap ‘Treks’ and search for “Pirate’s Life”
- iii. Go to the places in the trek and do the challenges there to earn points
- iv. All participants are automatically entered for a chance to win Sponsor selected prize packs.
- c. WHAT: Chances to win prize packs including Hot Topic T-shirts, Xpand 3D Glasses, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Soundtracks, Pirates Booty and the Pirates movie poster
- d. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to legal residents of Los Angeles; New York City; Chicago; Washington, DC; Boston; Dallas; Philadelphia; Seattle; San Francisco; Miami age 18 years and older. Sweepstakes starts May 7, 2011 9 a.m. EDT and ends May 7, 2011 when Participating Locations close for business. For official rules go to: www.facebook.com/piratesofthecaribbean
3. Twitter Prize Pack Giveaways
- a. WHERE: Follow @DisneyPirates between 9AM PST and 9PM PST on 5/7
- b. WHAT: Chances to win prize packs including Hot Topic T-Shirts, Skull decanters, Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray™ Box Sets, Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack Treasures Collection Box Sets and Pirates Booty!
- c. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to legal residents of is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes starts May 7, 2011 6 p.m. PDT and ends May 7, 2011 9 p.m. PDT. For official rules go to: www.facebook.com/piratesofthecaribbean
ABOUT THE MOVIE: Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Rob Marshall, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” captures the fun, excitement and humor that ignited the hit franchise—this time in Disney Digital 3D™. Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in this action-packed adventure that finds him crossing paths (and swords) with the enigmatic Angelica (Penélope Cruz). When she forces him aboard the “Queen Anne’s Revenge,” the ship of the legendary pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected journey to the fabled Fountain of Youth. Along the way Jack must use all his wiles to deal with the barbarous Blackbeard and his crew of zombies, Angelica, the ravishing pirate with whom he shares a dubious past, and the beautiful, enchanting mermaids whose masterful cunning can lure even the most seasoned sailor to his doom. The international cast includes franchise vets Geoffrey Rush as the indestructible Captain Hector Barbossa and Kevin R. McNally as Captain Jack’s longtime comrade Joshamee Gibbs, plus Sam Claflin as a stalwart missionary and Astrid Bergès-Frisbey as a mysterious mermaid.
Walt Disney Pictures’ and Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” is presented in Disney Digital 3D™, with screen story and screenplay by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio, based on characters created by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio and Stuart Beattie and Jay Wolpert, and suggested by the novel by Tim Powers.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” is rated PG-13 and opens in theatres on May 20, 2011. For more information on the film, please visit www.disney.com/pirates.