This morning I had breakfast with Elmo, Big Bird and a lot of my Sesame Street friends. This was a huge treat for me because I have been a fan of Sesame Street since the first day it aired! I was in kindregarten on November 10, 1969 when Sesame Street premiered on PBS (yes I am that old). I attended kindergarten at our church since there was no public kindergarten in our town at that time. We all got to go to the pastor’s study and watch television! It was an exciting time for us to see a new television program that was created just for kids like us! Fast forward (ahem) 40 years and today I felt like I was that 5 year old little girl again.
On March 27,2010 Busch Gardens Tampa Bay welcomes families to an all-new, Sesame Street-themed, sunny funny play land featuring Elmo, Big Bird and all their friends. Sesame Street Safari of Fun will be filled with kid-size rides, cool water fun, shows and memorable adventures that celebrate the spirit of Africa. Donnie Mills, Busch Gardens Executive Vice President and General Manager said, “With the addition of sesame Street Safari of Fun, Busch Gardens truly has something for all ages, and this new destination in the park is certain to be a hit among families and kids.”
The 2.5 acre area will feature:
- Air Grover A junior coaster full of turns and mini-dives perfect for parents and kids to ride together.
- The Count’s Zambezi Rally A kid-sized car ride that takes you on a jaunt through the desert and tribal trails
- Zoe-Patra & the Hippos of the Nile A splashy flume through the famed river
- Elmo’s Safari-Go-Round A tribal inspired carousel with Elmo and his friends
- Snuffy’s Elephant Romp Fly around and around and up and down on Snuffy’s fun friends
- Rosita’s Djembe Fly-Away A swing ride through the jungle that sends kids whirling above the African canopy
- Big Bird’s Whirly Birdie It’s funny side up on Big Bird’s delightfully playful ferris wheel ride.
- Telly’s Jungle Jam Explore sounds, shapes and shadows in this naturally engaging play area for kids of ALL abilities
- Elmo’s Treehouse Trek a 3-story hideaway to play hide-n-seek, discover new levels of fun and get a bird’s eye view of the entire play land.
- Cookie Monster’s Canopy Crawl Climb, crawl and explore in this 3-story net climb
- Slimey’s Sahara Sand A fun-filled, sand-filled beachy oasis where kids can frolic in the coolest dessert around
- Oscar’s Swamp Stomp Stomp, splash and play in Oscar’s delightfully cool water play area
- Bert & Ernie’s Watering Hole A wildly fun water adventure filled with bubblers, geysers, jets, dumping buckets and more.
- Sunny Day Theatre Musical performances bring tales of adventure to life
- Sesame Street presents “Lights, Camera, Imagination!” A 4-D movie that brings the Sesame Street Muppets’ adventures to life with zany 3-D gags and special effects like wind, water and jump-out-of-your-seat surprises. Playing in the 4-D theater in Timbuktu area of the park.
You can share breakfast or lunch with Elmo and his friends on select days at an outdoor dining facility adjacent to Sesame Street Safari of Fun. Fill up on hugs from your favorite characters, delicious food and family together time during these unique dining experiences. The menu includes items sure to please both adults and kids alike. Breakfast is $18 for adults and $15 for children; lunch is $23 for adults and $17 for children. Breakfast and lunch prices include one free 6×8 photo per family. You can make your reservations at SesameStreetSafariofFun.com or cal 1-888-800-5447.
While you are visiting your Sesame Street friends you can stop by Big Bird’s 123-Smile with Me photo area to meet and greet you favorite characters!
Disclaimer-I was invited by Busch Gardens to a preview breakfast for Sesame Street Safari of Fun. If you have any questions please refer to my disclosure statement at the bottom of this page.