I always have my eye out for great devotional books. I love to give them as gifts to friends and family members. Reading the stories in “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Women” made me feel more like I was chatting with my girlfriends than reading a devotional.
This book is great for starting or ending your day with your thoughts focused on God. I like to read it during breakfast and get my day started on the right foot. This book has 101 devotions to comfort, encourage and inspire you. The foreword by Jennifer Sands, who lost her husband on 9/11 is a very powerful testimony to the love God has for us.
Some of the topics that the stories are grouped into are: Life Lessons, Parenting, Illness, Service to Others and Self-Esteem. Each story starts with a Scripture verse and there are also some prayers sprinkled throughout the book.
I have 1 copy of “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Women” to give away. This giveaway is only open to US residents and the winner will be chosen by random.org. at 10pm on Thursday 2/25/10. Please leave one comment for each entry and make sure there is a valid e-mail address or Twitter account attached to your entry.
Mandatory 1st Entry: Leave me a comment telling me something you and your girlfriends like to do together.
- Go to Gravatar.com and get your own Gravatar! I like seeing faces in the comments not the angry little aliens 🙂
- Facebook fans get 1 entry
- Subscribers get 1 entry (orange heart in sidebar)
- Public Followers get 1 entry )Google Friend Connect in sidebar)
- Tweet this “@MomMaven is giving away Devotional Stories for Women and I’m entered to win! http://bit.ly/d0dMHA ” (you may do this 1x a day-good luck!)