A few days before Christmas we received a package full of different varieties of Wrigley’s 5 gum and instructions on how to use the gum boxes and wrappers to make Christmas decorations. We didn’t have time to complete the project before Christmas but, we have been enjoying the gum and saving the wrappers!
The other day I gave Jordan, my 14yo, the wrappers and the craft directions and I asked him to make a Valentine decoration. He did a great job!
- Assorted packs of Wrigley’s stick gum in the slim pack with foil wrappers (5 Flare, Cobalt and Rain)
- Small Craft Paintbrush
- 6″ piece of ribbon to hang decoration
- Glue the 6″ piece of ribbon to the inside of the gum box, let dry completely.
- Choose the color you prefer and cover the outside of your empty gum box with foil wrappers, gluing well at seams. You may wish to cut serrated edge from foil before using. Completely cover the box and then let dry.
- While the box is drying use a different color foil wrapper to create a decoration for your project. Glue the decoration to the box.
- Once dry, you may hang the decoration up to add cheer to any room.