Back in August my friend Shellie aka @Military_Mom on Twitter, posted the recipe for S’mores Cupcakes on her blog Blog4Mom. I have wanted to make these since the day she posted them but I haven’t had the occasion to, until today. Tonight we have a party to go to at church and we were asked to bring a dessert. So…since I often use my church family as my recipe guinea pigs, I thought “Why not!”
Ron took the boys to Tampa for the Motor Trend International Car Show and I started baking. I love to bake. I don’t bake that often because I have a VERY small galley kitchen with hardly any counter space. I can get claustrophobic even when I am alone in the kitchen!
The cupcakes look ok and taste delicious. I thought I’d share a few tidbits I learned while making these today.
- Check out all of your supplies before you start. I am sure I own at least 2 cupcake pans but I could only locate 1 so I had to bake 2 separate batches.
- My 18 yr old Black & Decker Hand Mixer was no match for 16oz of Marshmallow Fluff. The motor in my mixer burned up! Maybe now I can get the stand mixer I have been wanting-but have no place to store.
- An extra pair of hands would come in handy while trying to get the marshmallow topping into the pastry bag.
- Don’t fill the pastry bag too full. The marshmallow topping easily escapes from the top and oozes all over you.
- You do reach a point where being covered in marshmallow no longer bothers you. You can just clean it all up later
- Thankfully, I was home alone or their would be multiple photographs of me covered in marshmallow.
I had a lot of fun today and hopefully, the cupcakes will be a huge hit tonight. Have you tried this recipe? What did you think? Any input on what kind of mixer I should get to replace the one that dies today? Christmas baking season is right around the corner so I need to find something soon.