Chicken Soup for the Soul has done it again. In Power Moms 101 Stories Celebrating the Power of Choice for Stay-at-Home and Work-from-Home Moms, Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Wendy Walker have assembled an amazing group of women and men to share the stories of Power Moms.
The stories are grouped in chapters such as Decisions, Decisions, Outside the Box, Working from Home, Ladies Who Launch and Looking Back. You real read stories of moms just starting out and moms who have been there and done that-and now they are here to inspire you.
In Chicken Soup for the Soul: Power Moms, you’ll read about:
· How Liz Lange raised her children while building a maternity
· How bestselling author Jane Green left an unhappy marriage, became
a single mom, and embarked on a writing career
· How Wendy Walker wrote her first novel from the backseat of her
· How Melora Hardin of NBC’s The Office helped her daughter overcome
a fear of heights
· How grateful husbands stand in awe of their do-it-all wives
For me, this book is like having my support group of girlfriends cheering me on, laughing with me or crying with me. I have been a mostly stay-at-home mom for the last 7 years and before that I worked in the family business for 8 years and my kids came to work with me. I have been out of the full time corporate work force since 1994. I think I have heard and seen it all, when it comes to being a SAHM or WAHM. I’ve been asked by well-meaning family and friends, “When are you going to get a ‘real’ job?” and “Why are you wasting your college degree?”. I have a real job-it is that of mother, teacher, nurturer, maid, mentor, cook, laundress, taxi driver, and on and on. It is the most difficult, demanding, tiring, low paying job I’ve ever had-and I love it! My degree is in education, I have homeschooled my boys for 13 years, I use my degree everyday.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Power Moms: 101 Stories Celebrating the Power of Choice for Stay at Home and Work from Home Moms is hot off the presses and you can purchase your own copy with that link or you can win it here from Mom Maven.
How to Enter:
I believe in Power Moms so, for your first entry:
- If you are a WAHM and have an online business please tell me about your business and leave a link in the post. When the contest is over, I am going to share your businesses with my readers-and hopefully help you build your business.
- If you do not have an online business but you have a blog you would like to share please leave a link to your blog in your comment so that I can share your blog with my readers.
- If you don’t fall into either of the above categories that is just fine! Leave me a comment and tell me why you chose to be a SAHM
You must also follow or subscribe to this blog and leave a comment here telling me that you have done this Please leave a valid e-mail address or twitter name so that I can notify if you win. **You must do all of this to be entered.
If you would like extra entries you can earn them for doing any or all of the following after completing the above requirements:
* tweet this contest and post the url of the tweet as a separate comment (you can do this 1x per day each day of the contest-just post each tweet url in a separate comment)
* blog about this contest and link to this post (not just a link to the contest) then leave me a link to your post in a separate comment
* stumble this post with a review and link it here in separate comment
This giveaway ends Saturday 3/21/09 at 7pm. I reserve the right to disqualify any entry that doesn’t follow the above guidelines. Good Luck!