The Best Chicken Casserole Ever
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8-10 medium potatoes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 TBS fresh ground pepper
- 1 TBS paprika
- 1 TBS crushed garlic
- 6 TBS Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Line a 13x9" pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Cube the potatoes into ¾" cubes, with the skin on.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Add the cubed potatoes and stir to coat well.
- Use a slotted spoon to move potatoes to the baking dish, leaving as much sauce as possible in the bowl.
- Make sure the potatoes are in one layer in the baking dish.
- Cube the chicken into ¾" cubes.
- Add the cubed chicken to the remaining sauce in the bowl.
- Stir to mix well and allow to marinate while potatoes are cooking.
- Bake the potatoes for 30-35 minutes, until crispy on the outside but cooked on the inside, stirring every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking, fry up the bacon and set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
- Add the chicken and remaining sauce to the potatoes.
- In another bowl, mix together the cheese and the crumbled bacon.
- Top the chicken with the cheese mixture.
- Bake 30 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Recipe by The Mom Maven at http://themommaven.com/2015/08/the-best-chicken-casserole-ever/