Easy Pesto Chicken Skillet
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 4 TBS pesto sauce
- 2 TBS olive oil
- ½ tsp dried minced garlic
- 14.5 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup milk
- 1.5 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- Place the cubed chicken and the pesto sauce in a bowl and mix well. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in the large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and the garlic and cook until the outside of the chicken turns white.
- Add the chicken broth and the tomatoes with the juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 17 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir in the milk.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top, place the lid back on the skillet and cook until the cheese is melted.
Recipe by The Mom Maven at http://themommaven.com/2015/07/easy-pesto-chicken-skillet/