Today I am starting a series of roundups of summer salads and side dishes. Things that would be great for a picnic, barbecue, or pool party. I put out the call to my fellow bloggers and I had over 100 recipes submitted! In my opinion, that is too many recipes to include in one recipe roundup so I have sorted the recipes by types and/or main ingredient to make it more manageable for you, my reader and for me 🙂 Today we are beginning with coleslaw and chopped salad recipes. Both of these dishes are summer staples and I have some interesting twists on these classic dishes.
- This Springtime Confetti Slaw from My Midlife Kitchen is a colorful addition to any table.
- This Kale Slaw from Earth Food and Fire will be a big hit with the kale lovers in your family.
- I know lots of people who love KFC’s coleslaw. Here is a copycat recipe from Your Gonna Want Seconds.
- This Spicy Curtido Coleslaw from Raia’s Recipes has its roots in Central American cooking.
- Divalicious Recipes brings us a coleslaw with a Mexican flair in this Coleslaw with Lime, Coriander, and Cilantro.
- Broccoli lovers, check out this Broccoli Slaw from 3 Yummy Tummies.
- Aline-Made switches things up with her Red Cabbage Slaw with Peanut Dressing.
- This Cranberry Crunch Slaw from Nutrition to Fit is packed with nutrients.
- The Pistachio Project brings in a fresh twist with Crisp Apple Coleslaw.
- Greek yogurt is the secret ingredient in Crayon and Cravings No Mayo Coleslaw recipe.
Chopped Salad Recipes
- A Healthy Chopped Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette from A Side of Sweet is a delicious side or meal for the summer months.
- My friend Chrysa from Thrifty Jinxy offers up this easy Italian Chopped Salad.
- Vegan Huggs adds an Asian twist to her Asian Chopped Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing, Yum!
- This Chopped Broccoli Salad from Kitchen of Youth is full of healthy ingredients.
This is just the first of several upcoming posts full of summer side dishes, dips and salads. To make sure you don’t miss a single recipe, make sure you are subscribed to my site.