Happy Easter Week and Happy Win it Wednesday Giveaway Linky Day! I’m excited to be back in the office again after last week’s stint in Phone Central. Saturday we volunteered at church all day preparing for our combined Sunday service, Spring Picnic and Egg Hunt. Our church averages almost 500 people, nursery-adult, in our 2 Sunday services. For Palm Sunday the adults met outside under a large tent, grades 1-5 took over the sanctuary, pre-k moved into the kids church room and the nursery spilled over into the pre-k rooms. Our total attendance for the one service was 678 people! An additional 50 or so people arrived just for the picnic and egg hunt. The weather was glorious, I got a bit of a sunburn, and though it was a bit of a logistical nightmare everything went smoothly. There were over 13,000 plastic eggs, 10,000+ just for grades 1-5! We had egg hunts for all ages 0-adult.
For me the most exciting part was at 10:00am, an hour before church started. All the volunteers met under the tent for a brief time of prayer and worship. It was so exciting to see over 100 people there ready to serve our church and community!
Kids Church had a bit of a VBS feel to it and it was a lot of fun! We had 89 1st-5th graders, 9 youth volunteers, 4 adult volunteers, and our Children’s Pastor all learning answers to the questions, “If God Loves Us, Why Do Bad Things Happen?”. We had several children receive Salvation, which is awesome!!
This Sunday we have 3 Easter services at 8am, 9:30am, and 11:00am so that we will have room for everyone who wishes to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you will be celebrating this weekend as well.
The Win It Wednesday Giveaway Linky Rules
1. Make sure the link is to the giveaway post, not the home page of your blog. Links to home pages will be deleted.
2. Put the end date in the title of your giveaway.
3. Link to an image of the prize, not your blog button.
4.No more than 3 giveaways per website per week please!
5. If you post a giveaway enter at least one giveaway someone else posted. This is just one way to play nice with others 🙂
6. Please add the Win It Wednesday badge (you can find it in my sidebar) to your giveaway, side bar, blog roll or linky parties page
7. Please share this linky via Facebook or Twitter
8. Get an email reminder about Win it Wednesday