Happy Win it Wednesday Giveaway Linky Day! I hope you have had a great week. I have spent a lot of the last week and a half watching the Winter Olympics. While I have never been much of an athlete I admire those with the talent and drive to work hard enough to become an Olympic level athlete. I think I’ve at least caught a bit of every sport that has been televised. I love the stories of personal triumph and personal bests. Erin Jackson caught my eye over the weekend. She is the first African-American woman on the US long track speed skating team. The fact that she is African-American isn’t what caught my eye though, it’s that the first time she ever stepped onto the ice was in October of 2016! Now in February of 2018, 16 months after first stepping on the ice and 4 months after officially taking up the sport of speed skating she is competing at the Olympics. Yes, Erin is a very successful in-line skater who dreamed of being an Olympian, and to do so she needed to switch from in-line roller skates to ice skates. Of course, Jackson isn’t expected to medal in Pyeongchang but the experience gained in this year’s Olympics will just help propel her forward for the next 4 years.
The Win It Wednesday Giveaway Linky Rules
1. Make sure the link is to the giveaway post, not the home page of your blog. Links to home pages will be deleted.
2. Put the end date in the title of your giveaway.
3. Link to an image of the prize, not your blog button.
4.No more than 3 giveaways per website per week please!
5. If you post a giveaway enter at least one giveaway someone else posted. This is just one way to play nice with others 🙂
6. Please add the Win It Wednesday badge (you can find it in my sidebar) to your giveaway, side bar, blog roll or linky parties page
7. Please share this linky via Facebook or Twitter
8. Get an email reminder about Win it Wednesday