Sometimes you are craving a specific food but you don’t feel like cooking it in the usual way. I make a delicious Chicken Parmesan but it is a bit labor intensive and since we were still trying to get our lives back in order after Hurricane Irma, I wanted something easy. So…could I make Chicken Parmesan in a crockpot? Hmm, chicken, cheese, pasta, sauce, yes I can do this! That is how this recipe was conceived.
I love how easy this recipe is and I was so glad I had done a crockpot meal because as we were preparing to sit down and eat, a friend from church stopped by with his chainsaw to cut down more of our tree that was damaged in the storm! Ron was outside helping with the tree so I decided to wait to eat. Jordan was starving to he ate right away. Jordan said this is now his favorite meal 🙂 When he was done eating he went outside to help with the tree. I waited for a bit but I was hungry so I ate a small portion. Finally, about an hour later, Ron was ready to eat and I ate another small portion while he ate. We all loved this recipe and it will be going into my regular meal plan rotation.
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 45 oz Ragu traditional sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian Seasonings
- 16 oz Penne Pasta, cooked
- 4 cups Italian Blend Shredded Cheese, separated.
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and Italian seasoning on the chicken.
- Pour all of the Ragu over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When there is about 30 minutes left in the cooking time, cook the Penne according to the directions on the box. Drain well.
- When there is 15 minutes left in the chicken cooking time, open the crockpot and using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Once the chicken is shredded, mix in the pasta.and 2 cups of the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese over the top.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!