Recently I wanted to whip up some Cajun chicken but I wanted to come up with something to balance the heat so that the meal would be enjoyable. That is what sparked this Cajun Chicken with Linguine in Cream Sauce recipe. It was very easy to make and Ron said I better add it to our regular meal rotation 🙂
This easy recipe fed the two of us nicely and is easily doubled to serve the whole family. The chicken is rather spicy so you may want to cook up some plain chicken for the kids.
- 1/3 box linguine
- 3/4 lb chicken
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS Cajun seasoning
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 pt half and half
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 TBS starch
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the linguine according to the directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- While the linguine is cooking, sprinkle Cajun seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- In a large sautee pan melt 1 TBS butter over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 10-12 minutes, flipping every 3 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add 2 TBS butter to the drippings in the pan.
- Mix in the half and half, garlic powder, salt, pepper, starch and cheese.
- Stir until well combined.
- Allow sauce to simmer until it reaches desired consistency, do not boil.
- Toss linguine into the sauce and serve with chicken on top. Drizzle additional sauce over chicken and garnish with more Parmesan cheese.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!