If you are a regular reader here then you know of my love of all things Buffalo flavored. It is a fun flavor profile that can easily shift from mild and kid friendly to h-o-t! Today’s Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole recipe falls in the mild, child friendly range. I used a new-to-me Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce from Moore’s Marinades & Sauces.
About Moore’s Marinades and Sauces
It all began over thirty years ago in the small Alabama town of Jasper with a family-owned steakhouse and homegrown good flavor. There, Moore’s Original Marinade was created and soon became a staple in the town for its delightful, hickory taste. From the start, our flavor defined not only food, but family. This recipe was the Moore’s family’s shining achievement and was so sought after, that they eventually began to sell it in Styrofoam cups to the steakhouse regulars.
Current flavors include:
- Original Marinade
- New! Zesty Garden Heb Marinade
- Teriyaki Marinade
- Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Spicy Habanero Wing and Hot Sauce
- Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce
- Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Honey Barbecue Wing Sauce
- Asian Teriyaki Wing Sauce
Moore’s Marinades & Sauces are available in most major supermarkets as well as online for about $2.00 per bottle.
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 bag Ore Ida Tater Tots
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Spray the bottom of a 13x9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill the bottom of the pan with a layer of tater tots.
- When the oven is heated up, place the tater tots in the oven for 15 minutes to help them crisp up.
- While the tater tots are cooking, in a large bowl, mix together the Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Gently mix in the chicken until is it covered in the sauce.
- When the tater tots come out of the oven, lower the temperature to 350°.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the tater tots.
- Cook in the 350° oven uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Put back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with additional Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce if desired.
This recipe starts with precooked and shredded chicken. I usually have a few 3 cup bags of this in my freezer. It is very easy to make just follow my instructions on my How to Make Shredded Chicken in a Crockpot post. This process does take just over 4 hours so if you are making the chicken on the day you want to make the casserole, please plan accordingly. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!