Who knew that the easiest way to make chicken salad was to start in your crockpot? My husband and son aren’t big chicken salad fans so I knew I would be pushing it with this recipe. They both love my Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken so I thought I’d give this easy crockpot recipe a try. Jordan wasn’t home the night I made this so he never got to try this versatile dish.
- 3-4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup water
- 16 oz sour cream/mayonnaise/yogurt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pour water in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Place the chicken in the water.
- Sprinkle the Ranch dressing on the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Just before taking the chicken out, cook and crumble the bacon.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it using 2 forks.
- Place the shredded chicken back in the crockpot along with the cheese, bacon, and sour cream/mayonnaise/yogurt.
- Serve on a bun or as a dip with crackers.
This recipe makes sandwiches or can be used as a dip. I actually prefer it as a dip. It is versatile so enjoy it however it suits you and your family. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!