I know, I know, the title of this recipe may have you saying, “Cindy, you’ve lost it girl.” Hear me out, please. The other week I was craving both Buffalo Chicken and Alfredo Chicken so I thought, why not mix them together. I knew this was either going to be genius or a complete fail and…it made it on the blog so it wasn’t a fail 🙂 I made this for Ron and I on the Monday night before my first Friendraiser of 2017. When I volunteer for Friendraisers and Sharathons, I am volunteering for 12-14 hour days, 4 or 5 days a week. We do 6 in the spring and 6 in the fall. For 5 of them I need to bring my own meals so making casseroles that will guarantee leftovers is important.
- 2 cups cooked cubed, chicken breast (see link in post)
- 16 oz Penne pasta
- 1/3 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 16 oz jars of Alfredo sauce separated
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese separated
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on box.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat at 13 x 9" pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and Buffalo sauce and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 1 jar of Alfredo sauce, 1/2 of the cheese, and the cooked pasta.
- Spoon half of the pasta mixture into the prepared pan.
- Next, top the pasta with the chicken mixture.
- Cover the chicken with the rest of the pasta mixture.
- Pour 8 ounces of Alfredo sauce over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with nonstick spray and then cover the casserole with it.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 8-10 minutes, until cheese bubbles.
- Remove from oven and let casserole rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe requires pre-cooked cubed chicken. If you don’t know how to do this just follow my easy recipe. I buy my chicken breasts in bulk and then I cook a bunch up at one time. I shred some and cube the rest. When it cools, I portion it out in freezer bags, label them and pop them in the freezer so they are ready when I need them.
Ron and I both enjoyed this meal and I packaged up leftovers to take with me for lunch! I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!