Recently S was here for a visit. We love to bake together, and I love sharing my kitchen with this sweet young lady. We dug through recipes to find a few that caught our attention. We chose 2, one was an abject failure! We even made it twice, once according to the recipe and once in a simplified version. After 2 failures I sent the recipe to my best friend, she also failed so that recipe will never see the light of day here on the blog! The other recipe were these Caramel Butter Bars. I brought these to our worship team fellowship and they were gobbled up, some people ate 4-5 of them!
The nice thing about these bars is that they are easy to make and even my non-caramel loving son loved them! They aren’t too sweet and they pair well with tea, coffee, or hot cocoa so they are a great little treat.
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 sticks butter
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 11½ oz jar salted caramel sauce (ice cream topping)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line your 13x9"baking pan with foil. Spray the foil with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add in the 4 cups of flour gradually until a soft dough has formed.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate the remaining dough.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour the salted caramel sauce over the bottom layer evenly.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top of the caramel layer to cover it.
- Sprinkle a little Sea Salt over the top.
- Bale 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown,
- Cool completely.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting
Easy right? I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!