If you are looking for a fun night out with friends or family while you are at Walt Disney World, I highly recommend the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. I have attended this dinner show twice, so far and I can’t wait to go again. I will warn you up front that for many this is a “premium” experience. Adult prices range from $64-72 per person based on seating category and children ages 3-9 range from $38-43. If you are on the Disney Dining Plan, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is 2 table service credits.
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is the longest running musical in American theatre! The show debuted on June 30, 1974 and has entertained more than 10,000,000 guests during its run. That in itself is a reason to make sure you go at least once.
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Show
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue takes place in Pioneer Hall at Disney’s Ft Wilderness resort. There are usually 3 shows nightly at 4:00pm, 6:15pm, and 8:30pm. You never know what to expect when Claire de Lune, Johnny Ringo, Dolly Drew, Six Bits Slocum, Flora Long and Jim Handy hit the stage. But you do know that it’s not going to be dull! Get ready to clap your hands, stomp your feet, sing along and have a good ol’ time at rustic Pioneer Hall in Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Food
The menu remains the same as it was on opening day…except for dessert. In 1979 the dessert changed from apple pie to strawberry shortcake. Dinner is all-you-can-eat family style fried chicken, BBQ pork ribs, cornbread, seasonal vegetables, cowboy beans, mashed potatoes, and strawberry shortcake.
Things to Know
- Transportation to Ft Wilderness from a theme park takes time. Once you arrive at Ft Wilderness you will need to board an internal bus to get back to Pioneer Hall. Allow at least 60 minutes to travel from a park to Pioneer Hall.
- Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs) are required and should be made 180 days before you arrive. (Your travel agent will help you with this).
- Prepayment is required when you book your ADR.
- Category 1 seating is on the floor level in front of the stage. Category 2 seating is on the floor in back of category 1 and in the back of the balcony. Category 3 seating is on the sides of the balcony. There is no elevator in Pioneer Hall. All guests unable to walk a flight of stairs must reserve Category 1 seating.
- Seating is allocated based on party size and category.
- This is a loud, audience participation show. If someone in your party doesn’t do well with this type of atmosphere, you may want to make other arrangements.
A visit to The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is tradition for many Disney guests. My husband’s cousins run just about every Run Disney race at Walt Disney World and for them every race weekend includes a visit to The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.
If you are thinking about planning a trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Aulani, Adventures by Disney, or Disney Cruise Line, I would be honored to be your travel agent and help you plan your magical vacation. Please Email Me for more information. My services are free to you!