Today I bring you another peppermint recipe to add to your holiday dessert table. These Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix cookies are so easy to make because you start with a Devils Food cake mix. Cake mix cookies are nice and soft and a nice change from all the crunchy holiday cookies. These are also great for a cookie exchange because they are easy to make and don’t require decorating! I made these cookies for Thanksgiving and then took the leftovers to church for snacks for my girl’s club that I teach. Everyone loved them. Ron even snacked on some in the evenings, and he seldom eats sweets.
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Lightly spray baking sheets wit non-stick spray
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, and butter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and ¼ cup of mint baking chips.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place them on the baking sheet, leaving room for them to spread.
- Top each cookie with some of the remaining ¼ cup of mint baking chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cookies are puffed up and no longer shiny.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking rack before moving to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
As you can see, that is an easy recipe that is great to bake with kids of all ages. This Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookie recipe is also easily doubled if you need more than 24 cookies for your holiday celebration, cookie exchange, or gift giving. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!