Based on last week’s post of 60 Amazing Peppermint Recipes, you already know I LOVE Peppermint. While planning my Thanksgiving baking with our house guest, we decided to mash-up some holiday recipes and make a Candy Cane S’more’s Bar. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it? I promise you it is! If you like sticky, ooey, gooey chocolate, peppermint and marshmallow fun, then this recipe is right up your alley. This recipe is also very easy to make, which is a plus!
- 2 cups Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 TBS Sugar
- 6 TBS Melted Butter
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 cups crushed Candy Canes
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crust
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until it becomes bubbly and golden.
- While the milk layer is cooking, in a medium bowl mix together the crushed candy cane, mini marshmallows and ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle the topping mixture on top of the milk layer.
- Put the pan in the oven for about 3 more minutes, until the marshmallows puff up.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Place the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt. Use 15 second intervals stirring in between.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bar cookies.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool completely.
- Remove from the fridge, using a warm knife, cut into squares.
- Place the squares in a sealed container in the refrigerator until serving.
If you don’t have a food processor just put the graham crackers in a zippy bag and crush with a rolling pin. To crush the candy canes, I put them in a zippy bag, wrap the bag with a towel and then take it outside and beat it with a hammer until they are all crushed!
I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!