You may remember that this summer I became addicted to Elote Mexican Street Corn. Even though it isn’t corn on the cob season, I’m still craving those flavors. Last week we had a family cookout, my sister-in-law was in town so we all visited her at her beachfront timeshare for dinner. I was still dreaming of my summer corn so I decided to create a Mexican corn salad that could be made year round!
- 16oz bag frozen loose corn (not steamers)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 3 TBS fresh lime juice
- 6 oz Cotija Cheese (or Feta works well also)
- ⅓ cup fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1½ to 2 tsp Chili Powder
- In a large sautee pan, cook the corn over medium heat, stirring regularly about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, cheese, cilantro and chili powder.
- Once the corn has cooled, in a large bowl, fold the mayonnaise mixture into the corn.
- Cover and chill until serving.
I doubled the recipe because we had 8 people at the gathering and I wanted to make sure we had enough. I love how easy this recipe is to make. Add as much or as little chili powder as your family likes, you can always add more to your serving too! I let the corn cool so that it doesn’t melt the cheese, you want the chunks in your salad. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!