I was born and raised in New England, the home of the Fluffernutter sandwich. Skippy Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff on white bread were a staple growing up. When we moved to Florida in 1980 there was no Marshmallow Fluff on the shelves at Publix. We tried the marshmallow cream that was available and it just wasn’t good enough. We resorted to having friends and relatives bring us the good stuff when they came to visit. Actually, back then we had 5 products that we imported regularly to Florida! Thankfully, over the last 30 years 4 of those products are now available in Florida and just 2 years ago I found a suitable replacement for the 5th one.
A few weeks ago our friend, Avery, was celebrating a birthday. To me, that meant it was time to bake him a treat. I had seen several similar recipes floating around Facebook so I decided to create my own and bring it to Avery at work for Sharathon at KWND.
Fluffernutter Brownie Crunch Bars
- 18 oz box brownie mix
- egss and oil as listed on box
- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 7.5 oz jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- Prepare Brownies as instructed on box using a 9x13" pan.
- Cool completely.
- After they are cool, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread Marshmallow Fluff over the chilled brownies, creating an even layer of marshmallow.
- Return to refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, pour the chocolate chips and the peanut butter.
- Microwave 30 seconds then stir well. If it needs to melt more, microwave in 15 second intervals stirring in between.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Spread the Rice Krispies layer over the Marshmallow Fluff layer.
- Return to refrigerator for at least another hour before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
These Fluffernutter Brownie Crunch Bars were a huge hit! Avery loved them, so did everyone working in Phone Central. Since we had a small staff that week, we were able to nibble on the bars for 4 days. Everyone asked for the recipe and I told them it would be on the blog in a few weeks. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!