A few months ago I went to a friend’s birthday party and they had a taco bar as the dinner. I had a few shredded chicken tacos and they were yummy. I asked myself why I never make chicken tacos and nachos and never beef. Well eventually that thought took me to Pinterest where I sought out Crockpot Chicken Taco recipes. I did what I do best, took the best parts of a few recipes and created my own hybrid recipe that suits my family’s likes and dislikes. That is how this recipe was born.
We all really enjoyed it and this Crockpot Chicken Taco Recipe has made its way into my regular meal plan rotation. It is easy to make and easy to double if you have a larger family. Jordan like soft tacos and I prefer nachos so we used this recipe and made both.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning
- 10 oz bag frozen corn
- 16 oz jar salsa (mild or medium)
- 8 oz shredded Mexican cheese blend, seperated
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- 8 oz sour cream
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken.
- Pour in the corn and the salsa.
- Cover and cook 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
- Remove chicken from crockpot. Shred chicken.
- Place chicken back in the crockpot along with 4 oz of cheese. Stir well.
- Serve as tacos or nachos with extra cheese and sour cream to garnish.
It doesn’t get much easier than that. Just dump and go, perfect for a busy family. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!