Officially National Dairy Month ended yesterday but since we enjoy dairy products year round I wanted to introduce you to Finlandia Cheese, I just discovered this company and I wanted to share them with you.
About Finlandia Cheese
Finlandia has been crafting some of the highest quality cheese and butter for over a century. When it comes to products like cheese and butter, which we eat almost everyday, it makes a big difference to be aware of what we’re putting into our bodies. Finlandia Butter is made from pure, hormone-free milk, which comes from happy cows that live on family-owned farms in Finland—the greenest country on Earth. No hidden chemicals, no factory farms—just pure, creamy goodness. Unfortunately for me, Finlandia Butter isn’t available in Florida stores 🙁 You can use the product locator to see if it is available near you.
Brown Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Finlandia Butter softened
- 2 cups packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 8 oz Toffee Bits
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBS Finlandia Butter
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease a 12 cup bundt pan with Finlandia Butter and then lightly flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each egg.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture alternating in thirds with the milk. Flour-milk-flour-milk-flour.
- Beat until combined but don't over mix, this is a fluffy and airy batter.
- Fold in the toffee bits.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Drop pan on counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 80 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from oven and allow to cake cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from pan onto cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Place cake on serving dish.
- Pre-measure all of your ingredients before you start the glaze. You need to keep the whisk moving continually while making this glaze.
- In a medium saucepan combine the sweetened condensed milk and the brown sugar. Whisking constantly, bring this mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue whisking for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
As you can see from my picture, my cake got stuck in the pan and most of the outside crust layer remained in the pan. I believe this happened for two reasons; 1. I sprayed the pan with non-stick spray instead of coating it with butter and flour and 2. I didn’t let the cake cook enough before removing it from the pan. Please, learn from my mistakes, I updated the recipe so that you won’t have the same trouble I did 🙂
I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!