This recipe is the last installment in my 2016 Cinco de Mayo recipes. Next week I have a sweet treat to share with you! Cinco de Mayo falls on next Thursday but, or course, you can enjoy these tasty potatoes any time of year. I had an idea for this recipe and then I brainstormed it with my son, Jordan before I actually cooked it. he had some great insight so I wanted to give him a shout out for helping me create this tasty dish of Tex-Mex Potatoes.
- 1 lb potatoes I use Florida Gold
- 3 Tbs taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup Mexican Blend shredded cheese divided
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- sour cream for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into 1/4" cubes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the Ranch dressing, taco seasoning and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl and coat the potatoes with the mixture.
- Place the potatoes in a 2 quart baking dish, in a single layer. Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, stir in the salsa and the remaining cheese.
- Place uncovered back into the oven and cook for 20 more minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with sour cream.
I served these potatoes with roast beef and au jus. They were a big hit and we had no leftovers! I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!
Other Cinco de Mayo Recipes you Might Enjoy: