We love dishes with a bit of a kick to them. This is probably why my Kickin’ Corn, Buffalo Chicken Dip and my Cajun Buffalo Wings are always a big hit! Last year when we reviewed the brunch menu at Bonefish Grill, I tried the Bang Bang Shrimp Eggs Benedict and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I have thought about that brunch often and when I came across a recipe for Bang Bang Chicken, I had to give it a try.
I will tell you that this recipe is a bit more complicated than my typical easy recipes. I seldom fry foods on my stove top so for me that was a bit of a challenge. Next time I make this, I am going to try it in my deep fryer and see if that is easier. The sauce for this dish is delicious and I will probably be making it to go on other dishes, it is just so darn yummy!
Bang Bang Chicken Recipe
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 TBS Sweet Chili Sauce (on the Asian aisle)
- 1 TBS Honey
- 2 tsp Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts cut into 1" nuggest
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ¾ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Corn Starch
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 TBS Frank's Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Panko-at least one cup for coating chicken
- In a small bowl whisk together the Mayonnaise, Sweet Chili Sauce, Honey & Frank's Hot Sauce and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the Buttermilk, Flour, Corn Starch, Egg, Frank's Hot Sauce, Salt and Pepper.
- In a small bowl pour the Panko for breading the chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip 4-6 pieces of the chicken into the Buttermilk mixture and then dredge them in Panko, pressing down to coat the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan cooking about 1-2 minutes per side until crispy and golden brown.
- Place cooked chicken on a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all of the chicken is cooked.
- Plate the chicken and then drizzle with the sauce.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!