I know its fall and barbecue chicken isn’t a fall dish but when I found this recipe, originally from Pillsbury, I had to try it. I love barbecue chicken and here in Florida we make it year round. If you don’t want barbecue chicken in the fall or winter just make sure you PIN it so you will have it when you are ready.
I have tweaked this recipe a bit because 1. The original flavor combination was mediocre and 2. The original directions didn’t work-unless you like to eat raw biscuit dough. After some trial and error here is what works for me. I hope you like it and it is easy!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts-cut into 1" cubes (or 1 lb cooked & cubed chicken)
- 1 can 16.3oz Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits
- 18 oz Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Heat 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally-until no longer pink in center.
- Remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 13x9" GLASS (3 qt) baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Separate the dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces, set aside.
- Place cooked chicken in a medium bowl, Pour barbecue sauce over chicken and stir to combine.
- Add biscuit pieces to the chicken mixture and gently combine.
- Spread mixture evenly in baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the dish.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes or until biscuits are cooked.
- Serve immediately.
As you can see, this is an easy recipe that allows you to enjoy barbecue chicken year-round. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!
You will like these posts too!
Click on the image to see the post