Yes, corn is my favorite vegetable. I know it isn’t that good for you but, I like what I like. Let’s be honest though, sometimes corn can get boring, especially if you eat it often. I like to find ways to freshen corn up a bit. In the past I’ve shared my Kickin’ Corn, Corn Salad and my Mexican Grilled Corn recipes with you. This week I bring you Skillet Corn. This recipe can be made year round because you can use fresh off-the-cob corn or defrosted frozen corn.
- 3 cups corn fresh off the cob or defrosted frozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat combine the corn, water, butter, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the flour and milk together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture into the corn.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
I like the sweetness this easy Skillet Corn recipe adds to frozen corn. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!