We celebrated my husband’s birthday on Easter, as we often do. His birthday is April 7th so since we already have the family gathered together, it is just easier to celebrate both on the same day. I was tasked with making his birthday cake. Ron isn’t much of a sweets eater so this wasn’t as easy as it may seem. After some going back and forth, and based on the success of my Peanut Butter Cup Trifle, he decided he wanted a Strawberry trifle.
We discussed what he wanted in his trifle and then I made a plan. I did my shopping and prep on Saturday and then I brought everything to my mom’s house to be assembled after Easter dinner. When he arrived, my nephew asked what I had made for dessert and I told him that I was going to put together a strawberry trifle. He asked if he could help, I got him started and he did the rest. He was very proud of the Strawberry Trifle he made for Uncle Ron’s birthday.
This recipe calls for the Strawberry Sauce, which I shared with you last week.
- 1 Angle Food Cake cut into 1" squares
- 1 Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (5oz size)
- 1 Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (5oz size)
- 6 cups Milk
- 1 -2 cups Strawberry Sauce (link to this recipe is in post)
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 8oz Cool Whip
- Place a layer of the cake cubes on the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Next a layer of vanilla pudding.
- Starting along the outside, place sliced strawberries around the bowl.
- Lay strawberries on top of the vanilla pudding.
- Cover the strawberry layer with a thin layer of strawberry sauce.
- Next, a layer of chocolate pudding.
- Repeat the strawberry/strawberry sauce layer.
- Top with Cool Whip.
This trifle is wetter than the Peanut Butter Cup Trifle so it was a little more difficult to serve. It was well received but many of us felt we could have omitted the chocolate layer and replaced it with another vanilla layer. That is the fun of trifles, each time you make one you can try something new.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!