I made another trifle, you’ll have to wait till next Friday for the recipe though. This one was for my husband’s birthday, which we celebrated with family on Easter Sunday. He wanted a strawberry trifle so, together we decided what layers he wanted. We decided it might be a good idea to pour strawberry sauce over the strawberry layers to fill in the gaps between the strawberries.
I love strawberry sauce because it is easy to make and it lasts about a week in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer. Strawberry sauce is great over ice cream or cake. It is delicious on pancakes or waffles too. You can also add it to your lemonade to make a strawberry-lemonade! You want to use a very powerful blender to make the sauce, one that will pulverize the seeds, otherwise you need to strain the sauce through cheesecloth-and that can be a pain. I borrowed my son’s Blendtec and I don’t want to give it back! That baby is amazing!
- 4 cups Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 tsp water
- Wash strawberries, remove the stems and cut into quarters.
- Place strawberry pieces into a medium pot.
- Add sugar, almond extract and water to the strawberries.
- Place pot over medium heat.
- Stir constantly.
- Allow strawberries to simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When completely cool, pour strawberry mixture into the blender and pulverize.
- If necessary strain strawberry sauce through cheesecloth to remove seeds.
- Store in air tight container 1 week in refrigerator or 3 months in freezer.
Blendtec Total Blender
The sauce was a delicious addition to the trifle. Make sure you subscribe to my daily posts so that you don’t miss that trifle recipe!