When my kids were younger, I had a friend that worked with Homemade Gourmet, a direct sales company. We loved a lot of their products and we were sad when she left the company and there was no one else local that sold it. Now you can order direct from the company’s website but when shipping costs more than the item you are ordering it just isn’t worth it for me, even if it would make my entire family happy. Their Italian Mozzarella Meatloaf was to die for. My kids still ask for it occasionally all these years later.
I have found a few Italian Meatloaf recipes on Pinterest so I decided to take pieces of a few of them and give them a try. I made this meatloaf and Jordan declared it better than my Campbell’s Soup Meatloaf. Ron and I thought it was very good, but next time I will use Mozzarella cheese and if Jordan gets his way, I will put cheese inside the loaf as well as on top.
I am giving you the updated recipe with Mozzarella instead of Cheddar and cheese inside the loaf. I hope you like it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 TBS minced onions
- ¼ cup Wishbone Robusto Italian Dressing
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- ⅔ cup Ketchup, divided
- 1 pkg chicken flavored stuffing mix
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix ⅓ cup ketchup, 1 cup shredded Mozarella, ground beef, minced onions, water, stuffing mix and Italian dressing.
- Place the ingredients into a meatloaf pan or shape into a loaf on a 9x13" baking pan.
- Drizzle the remaining ⅓ cup ketchup over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining ½ cup of Mozzarella.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with vegetables and a salad.
What do you think? Are you going to give it a try? Go ahead, add it to your meal plan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!