Dip and appetizer season is here! We just had New Year’s and now we have the College Football National Championship, NFL Playoff games and the Super Bowl all on the horizon. All of these events call for yummy dips and appetizers so this month those are the recipes I’m going to be sharing with you. Don’t forget you can always find my easy appetizer recipes on my Easy Recipes landing page at the top of my site.
I made this Buffalo Chicken Dip for our New Year’s Day Finger Food Feeding Frenzy at my parent’s house. We grazed all day as we watched the Rose Parade, and football games and as we played cards and Monopoly! It was a great day and this dip was a huge hit.
This recipe calls for shredded chicken you can make it in your crockpot or used canned chicken. This recipe is easy to make and since I didn’t have shredded chicken on hand, I used canned chicken and it was delicious. Depending on your preference you can use Bleu Cheese or Ranch Dressing in the dip, I use Ranch since we aren’t Bleu Cheese fans.
- 4 cups of shredded chicken (or 3-10oz cans)
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a small saucepan, place dressing and cream cheese stirring often until mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken and the hot sauce.
- Coat a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread the chicken mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Next spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Serve with crackers, French bread slices, pita chips or celery and carrots.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!