This is week 3 in my series of peppermint themed recipes! We have enjoyed making and eating all of these yummy treats and your comments, pins, tweets and other social shares show me that you are liking them too. In case you have missed any of the previous recipes… we started with Peppermint Chocolate Chip Fudge on week one. Week two was Peppermint Bark Brownies and now we have Candy Cane Cake! I’m getting hungry just typing this. Again, I found this week’s recipe on Pinterest it is a Betty Crocker recipe, so you know it will be good!
- white cake mix-plus eggs water and oil required on the box
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk or water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla optional
- 2 candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 12" bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter as directed on box.
- Pour 2 cups of batter into pan.
- Pour 3/4 cup of batter into a small bowl.
- Stir food coloring and peppermint extract into the batter in the small bowl.
- Carefully pour the pink batter into the pan.
- Carefully pour the remaining batter into the pan on top of the pink batter.
- Bake and cool as directed on the box.
- In a small bowl mix together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- If necessary add in additional milk, 1 tsp at a time until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over cake and then top with crushed candy canes.
I barely got a bite of this cake! We brought half of it to our neighbors whose chickens provide us with eggs year round. The other half I brought down to my parent’s house and my dad and nephew devoured it! I did get a few bits and it was yummy. I might make this for the church Christmas party but…knowing me I’ll be trying out another new recipe on mu unsuspecting church family 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!