About Southern Living Superfast Southern: Comfort Food in 20 Minutes or Less!
In this bright, eye-catching book readers will find the quickest recipes Southern Living has to offer. From iconic Southern foods to fresh and fun new dishes, Superfast Southern includes a great mix of recipes that all have one thing in common-they’re superfast! Each recipe fits one or both of the following criteria: the prep time is 15 minutes or less, or the total time 30 minutes or less. Superfast Southern offers everything you would expect from the South’s most-trusted test kitchen without long ingredient lists and cooking times. Including many classic dishes from Southern Living now simplified and streamlined, readers will have the ultimate shortcut to creating home-cooked family favorites.
Mom Maven’s Thoughts
This recipe book is visually appealing with its beautiful photographs and bright colors. The book is broken down into eight chapters:
- Quick Bites
- Fast & Fresh Salads
- Soups in a Jiffy
- Express Sandwiches
- Speedy Skillets
- Simple Suppers
- Snappy Sides
- Hurry up, Sugar!
The book also includes Top 10 Superfast Secrets to help you be more efficient in the kitchen.
There are several recipes in this book that I can’t wait to try including:
- Spicy Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pimento Cheese
- Chicken BLT Salad
- Cheesy Tomato Bisque
- Lamb Pita Pockets
- Queso Dip Mac n Cheese
- Grilled Steak with Pineapple Salsa
- Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Biscuit Beignets
Don’t those sound so yummy?
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 8 Canadian Bacon slices cut into thin strips
- 4-1 oz Swiss Cheese slices halved
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 1/2 inches from heat.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large zippy bag.
- Add chicken to the bag, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Melt butter with oil in oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken 3 1/2-4 minutes per side until done.
- Arrange Canadian Bacon strips over chicken in skillet and top each with 1 cheese slice half.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!