Summertime is S’Mores time! We won’t get outside to make S’Mores over the fire pit until fall so for now, we make indoor S’Mores. A few weeks ago my 8yo buddy helped me make some really easy S’Mores bars and I thought we’d share them with you. This is a great recipe for getting kids involved in the kitchen. I found the original recipe at All Things Delicious and knew we would have to give it a try.
Easy S’Mores Bars
Printable recipe is below 🙂
1/2 cup butter or margerine, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 1/2 package of graham crackers)
2 cups mini marshmallows
6oz milk chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Grease the sides and bottom of a 9 inch baking pan.
Place graham crackers in a gallon zippy bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Place butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl,beat until light and fluffy.
In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour and the graham cracker crumbs.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs about 1/2 package of graham crackers
- 2 cuos mini marshmallows
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease the sides and bottom of a 9" square baking pan.
- Place graham crackers in a gallon zippy bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the flour and the graham cracker crumbs.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients to make the crust.
- Spread the crust in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows and chocolate chips on top of the crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375°-until marshmallows are golden brown.